Olivia and I came together and decided to really make 2013 a year to remember, and with resolutions like these, that is virtually guarenteed. Hope you enjoy!
1. Teach my wife what good music sounds like
With risk of sounding old, her “pop” music sounds more like “poop” music, so I’ll see what I can do. Maybe she’ll learn to actually like someone who can play an instrument outside of Taylor Swift.
2. Learn that “Just bc it’s new, doesn’t mean I need it.”-this does NOT include new shoes
I tend to be a nerd when it comes to techy things. It seems to be my second nature to need the new iPhone, iPad, gaming console, TV, etc. and that is a habit I will choose to break. On a side note, I will still buy PLENTY of shoes in case you were wondering.
3. Take my tennis serve to a new level, i.e. better than the soft lob
Over the past few years, I have really been honing my skills. In fact, Rafa and I are scheduling a match, so it is imperative I take my serve to a new difficulty level…being something a little stronger than mimicking the throw of a three year old girl.
4. Be a better friend intentionally, bc I don’t always feel like it
Time. It’s probably my most valuable commodity. I love it, I want it, I need it. With that being the case, I am selfish with it. I will make an intentional effort to invest in others this year.
5. Eat healthy for the whole year… NOT PERFECT, but healthy, minus holidays 😉
Basically, I want to avoid all fast food and junk food. Fourteen days in, and so far so good.
6. Actually join a basketball/football league
I miss it: Competitive sports. It’s time to wrangle some folks together and join some leagues.
7. Keep a $0 balance on personal credit cards.
Olivia and I have done this since we were married, and I vow to continue this ‘resolution’ for years to come.
8. Take more pictures, and post them on all social media as if everyone cares
I enjoy photos. I enjoy social media. I might as well combine the two. It worked for peanut butter and jelly.
9. Randomly surprise my wife with something at least once a month that shows her how much I love her.
She deserves FAR MORE than once a month, so this is really putting an emphasis on the “at least.”
10. Start a business on the side.
Something I have been wanting to do for some time, and with the Cowboys out of the post season I have plenty of free time.
1. Send more snail mail
How refreshing to discover a friendly note or card in the pile of routine junk mail and annoying bills.
2. Meet someone new every week
It is way too easy to stay in my routine and comfort zone at work, church and social settings. Time to bust out and make new friends!
3. Go to the gym at least once in January…pathetic I know
I set out a gym outfit to wear on the 1st of January that has yet to see the likes of a treadmill or dumbbell in 2013
4. Rematch Micah in a NERF war and DOMINATE!
Despite strategy and preparation, my last NERF war ended in surrender and several darts to the head…I’ve been strategizing my retaliation ever since!
5. Hang up and put away my clothes every night
Gone are the days of spending hours cleaning my house only to start a fresh “clothes dump” in the middle of my bedroom. So far so good
6. Learn rap lyrics and impress Micah with my skills!
Because we all know…he WOULD be impressed by this! Taking song suggestions now…but please, no Crazy Bone.
7. Be more generous with my time, money and resources
I regularly pray “Lord, bless me so I can bless others,” but often come up with excuses not to when He presents me with opportunities.
8. Work on my spiral
I hear the NFL is hiring
9. Fall in deeper love with Micah
Something he helps make possible every day!
10. Fall in deeper love with Jesus!
Because without Him, my marriage, my job, my life and my silly resolutions are completely irrelevant.